Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Tuesday's activity (May 2, 2006)

Today I mentally prepared for what would be a strenuous workout. It was a full body workout consisting of Squats, dead lifts, negative chin ups, one legged squats, dips with a 45lb plate on my lap, seated rows, seated military presses, push ups and stationary bike for warm up and cool down.

I wrote all the particulars on my training log to see my progress next time around. One thing I'm happy about is the negative chin up. I'm able to sustain a 20+ second hold on the up position with my body weight. This is an improvement from 2.5 seconds when I began doing this form of exercise. Next I have to take a belt to put a weight on it and see how long I can stay up.

I was very tired when done but it sure cleared my mind for the work ahead at the office. I was able to solve a data retrieval problem, I'm happy with that also. My current weights 228. Having come from 284 it sure feels good. I've said before that perhaps I was not that heavy but I was also in denial then :-).

This week constitutes the second week on an eight or twelve week program (new full body program). The previous months I worked on splits of upper and lower body bouts. What I'm doing this time around is two full body workouts and one full blown leg workout every week and a half. My active recovery consists of trail running, treadmill running and/or stretching.

In other news my twin boys are doing pretty good in school. There progress reports show a good number of A grades. Hmmm, it's going to cost me a bit cause I pay them for each A,B,C. Ds and Fs are minus. They are not getting any of the latter ones so I'm ready.

In other areas I'm happy with their progress also. Can't believe they are 17 already. I can still out run them and out lift them though. But they are beginning to catch up. I remember when I could not longer arm wrestle my older son. I stopped because I realized I was going to get hurt (forget about loosing).

I'm lean and strong, healthy and happy!



No comments: