Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Lifting weights and the kitchen.

Lately there has been an update on the benefits of weight lifting. Anaerobic exercising has also been in the limelight. While aerobic activities still have their place, maximizing time in our busy society has become paramount (average time for most Marathoners 3-5 hours plus 6 month to a year of training). This tip is typical of what you find these days: http://v.mercola.com/blogs/public_blog/Simple-Inexpensive-Exercise-Tip-25641.aspx

 

So back to my weight lifting and sprinting I go.

 

Now eating clean or avoiding the typical drive a Mercedes stop at McDonald’s syndrome requires some time. It actually balances out; you spend less time working out but more time in the kitchen. It does save you money in the long run. The trouble is that it could hurt your relationships (well it’s a special case). Let me explain.

 

This morning, in preparation for my hard weight lifting workout, I went to the kitchen. I prepared myself my favorite oat meal concoction. Almonds, raw milk, whey, half a banana, some extra fiber, powder cinnamon; it was good. Mind you that finding all these ingredients while half asleep creates quite a commotion (one demerit). 

 

I next proceeded to make my smoothie so I could have it before the workout and at lunch. All ingredients are the best I could get, really, really good stuff. Again, I used raw milk, and then came the mangos, papaya, all kinds of berries, almond butter and whey.  Using my blender I went to work on my smoothie (two demerits). Do you realize how noisy a blender is early in the morning while everyone is still asleep? Oh boy!  

 

So I’m smoothing (blender going full blast), all of sudden the blender just seemed to stop. I could hear the motor revving but there was no blending going on. So I wanted to see what was going on.  I took part of the cover off to observe. I figured I hit the liquefy button to give it some help. That’s when some of my smoothie ingredients exploded into the air, hit the top cabinet, my tee short and of course my hair and the counter (three demerits).

 

The mess got cleaned up, well or so I think.  I did as best as I could, but something tells me I must have missed a spot. I might be getting a call from my wife about this issue. Hmm, I think I better call some of my friends to see if they have an extra room for tonight. This smoothie better be worth it. I’m going to work really hard during my workout, so even if I have to sleep on the floor, I won’t care cause weight lifting is … for the mot part good for you!

 

 

No comments: