Sunday, July 01, 2007

Full speed ahead!

Last Friday (June 29th, 2007), I did my third workout on the Fat Loss I program I’ve started. It royally kicked my own derrière. I don’t know what the temperature was but if felt hot. My energy level was low and I really had to psyche myself up to get the workout done (ok, really did not finish it as you'll see).

Before I proceed, this is what was involved:

  • Three (3x15)sets of Dead Lifts (145lbs).
  • Push ups (3x15) set Body Weight (this one is particularly difficult. My shoulder injury limits my range so I do it only if does not hurt.
  • Romanian Lunges (split lunge, one leg on the bench) Basically this is more body weight. I started with two 25lbs plates. It immediately became apparent that I was not going to finish 3x15s with this. I had previously done 20lbs but not this time. I did one set with 25bls and the other two sets with 10lbs.
  • Chin ups (3x15) sets body weight. Did 8 chin-ups and went to bent rows (don’t have a lat machine so this was good enough).
  • Romanian Dead Lifts (3x15) sets (140 lbs.) I completed this without a problem.
    I was supposed to do some swiss ball crunches last. The easiest part, but I was so absolutely beaten by this time, I just went and had a smoothie.

    I slept like a baby (that’s a misnomer, babies wake up a lot), ok like a log. Maybe that’s better.

    This past Saturday (June 30th, 2007), my niece got married. I was the photographer for the wedding and felt pretty good. The only thing was that I think I did the equivalent of a half marathon in the heat. I began shooting (photos) at around 11:30am and finished at around 5:30pm. I was exhausted. The heat got to me again. My Achilles heel also gave me some trouble but after relaxing again I slept like a err…log.

    Today it’s my meeting for spiritual food, spend time with family and friends. I feel good so I’ll make time to do my next workout later today. It will be great! Onward!

    P.S. My weight keeps fluctuating (226, 228, 226). One thing is for sure. I am stronger, I’m doing more reps with more weight and my clothing is a little looser.

No comments: