Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Flower garden in amusement park.

I've been counting calories now for quite a while. I first used Fitday.com, then I bought the program to enter the data on my laptop or desktop. Got tired of that. I now use my PDA, created and Excel workbook and just enter what I eat. I get my calorie counts from http://www.thecaloriecounter.com/ or http://www.nutrientfacts.com/ , I also have a small book that gives me pretty much every food item I will ever eat (The Complete Food Counter). In any case it keeps me honest. I've been drinking a lot more water lately so I'm full all the time and I only eat six times a day now instead of eight or nine. My weight has progressively improved and I feel much better. At the beginning of last year at was around 245, I'm at 233 today and I can squat or dead lift my own body weight with ease. So there is some progress. The LA Marathon is on the horizon so I have to keep focused. One thing is for sure, working out and eating healthy makes me enjoy my work even though it is a sit down affair most of the day, I know I'm not destined to be what I was 284 at one point (I think that was with my hiking boots on though).

No comments: