Thursday, November 20, 2008

Kettlebell creativity

My kettlebells have now become an important part of my workout routines. The variety they offer allows for interesting workouts to say the least.

Some time ago I thought of using them on my barbell instead of plates.  I mainly use them for dead lifts since they are easier to control. The barbell becomes unstable and you have focus on what you're doing.

Using them while performing Deadlifts and Romanian Deadlifts are the most comfortable for me. I just have a feeling of insecurity doing squats with them. When you lift the barbell swings as the kettlebells settle into position. It's not a large swing but you can feel the movement ever so slightly. Adjustemnts on teh spot are then necessary.

In addition I'm using the shoulder pads designed for doing squats on the barbell. This creates a semi-solid fat bar. That coupled with the kettlebells and you have a total different workout.

No comments: