Monday, February 02, 2009

My food log and the iPhone!

By far what I'm describing here is not a novel idea. I was actually doing a similar thing using my old PDA; but for some reason it was not as fun.

Tracking your food intake fun? Well, sort of. The fun lies in taking control of your daily eating habits and having some semblance of what is actually happening throughout the day. Lots of folks do well without it; I prefer this new method for now.


Must of us carry our phone with us all the time; I use my iPhone as my alarm clock, as a calendar, note taker, task organizer, news reader, mail reader, online banking, camera, ebook reader, timer for my workouts, music listening and more.


Phone calls are a third or fourth distant cousin.


I found this neat little app called 'Loose It!'; which I promptly installed on the iPhone. It has been a pleasure to use it, keeping track of my food intake and getting ever closer to my goal of becoming leaner.


Included is an image of what is called a 'cheat meal'. Something I don't normally have but will not do without so I don't go crazy.

The Loose It! app has a very comprehensive database, you can add your own foods and exercises as well.


All I have to do now is make sure I don't dunk the iPhone in the soup.

No comments: