Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Set backs...

Or what do to when you fall down.

I've been tracking my food intake on and off for quite a while. I started again cause in the last month I decided I was not going to need the tracking anymore. Lo and behold I started eating too much without noticing (well I had an inkling but there was no scientific proof).

I started to notice that my weight changed (it went up). Now here is the thing. The scale is not the best thing to use, weight varies during the day so it's very unreliable. Nevertheless numbers do have an effect on your psyche. So just to make sure, I'm tracking again. I have made a switch on my oatmeal breakfast from bananas to Papaya.  The potassium content in the Papaya fruit is wayyyyyy higher than bananas, and calorie wise, much less also.

My breakfast today as I logged on fitday.com goes like this then.

1 cup of Papaya cubes (I got up early in the morning to do this).
1/2 cup of Oat Meal
1/2 cup of raw milk.
.25 cup of flax seed (ground)
Ground cinnamon
Green tea as the foundation to cook the oat meal
12 almonds (ground)

More importantly this is what I can do at my workout level.

Squats 245 lbs (10 reps) no problem.
Dead lifts 315 lbs (bear grip) did it once, the rest I did with a hook, it's my lower back and legs I'm working here anyway.

Leg press 375 lbs (10 reps) no problem.
Jump rope 100 jumps w/o stopping. 20-30 on one leg (must make go longer).

Run on the tread mill. Hit the 10 mph mark four times for 30 seconds within twenty minutes.

I can now do a negative chin-up with a weight belt and 17 1/2 lbs added to my body weight and hang there for 10 seconds easily.

So when you fall down, get on up off of that thing and dance till you feel better (James Brown).
 





No comments: