Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kettlebell par deux

I finally have a good assortment of kettlebells. 4.4kg, 8kg, 12kg and 16kg. The 4.4kg is nice for doing lateral arm raises. I do this while standing on a balance board. I find the workout more exciting and challenging this way. In fact I've incorporated the balance board while watching TV.

I'm looking forward to my next kettlebell workout now that I have all necessary bells; we'll see how I do. I know my boys have already started the kettlebell workouts with their friends and they now realize that the workouts are tougher than they appear. A good changeup from our normal routine.

I've taken the kettlebells to the local community gym where I regularly workout and they have been pretty well received. It would be nice if the gym acquired some, this way I would not have to carry them in every time I need to use them. On the other hand, since the kettlebells are my personal property, I have exclusive use of them during my workout. So I guess things are fine as they are.

Next, a seven mile fast run. Onward.

No comments: