Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A fun workout

Being that I'm taking a small vacation
off the barbell I been thinking of new things to do. I went and bought
three bags of sand. I'm not exactly sure how much they weigh but I
could only handle two of them. Three is my goal now.



This is what I did. Put each bag of sand into five zip lock bags and then used a gym bag to hold them together.



The fun workout for today then:

100 full squats, alternating the "sand bag" on my left and right shoulder and doing at least twenty front squats with the bag.



I also did over 70 bent rows in this order:

1x20

1x15

1x12

1x11

1x10

1x10



The last one was the most fun. My wife came over to see what I was
doing, so I lunged at her, grabbed her by the waist and put her on my
shoulder.



I did two full squats with her screaming and laughing all the way. I
wanted to do at least five but I started laughing and I almost dropped
her. I would be sleeping with my dogs tonight, came very close! It was
fun though!



Calories spent? Who knows!

Fun factor: 10+



P.S. The zip lock bags did not work too well. One of them burst and I
have sand all over the inside of the gym bag. I have to put less sand
in the bags and use a tie to hold them tight. Lesson learned.



Next workout. Put the bag at the end of the yard, pick it up walk with
it put it down at the other end, pick it up and do it again. It's going
to be a crazy week.

I found that using painters tape to seal the bags works well!

No comments: