Wednesday, October 08, 2008

New Things Learned

I skipped my workout during lunch today to listen to a webinar on dieting. It seems like there is something new to learn or to actually solidify your understanding of certain issues.

What I realized is that while my eating is really good, I'm eating too much! Well...Ok, I had come to that realization a long time ago, but in addition I'm able to pinpoint when I'm doing this.

I eat seven times a day. I usually have a snack before going home so I'm not starving when I get there. Dinner (which is usually some wonderful dish prepared by my wife) is served and I'm not measuring. I'll just have half as much and eat slowly. My wife is always pointing how fast I eat so there it is; one of those "I told you so" moments.

Today I will consciously eat a slower rate, talk some more, allow my brain to recognize this feeding opportunity and enjoy every bite.

Begone, fat one!

No comments: