Sunday, June 17, 2007

My gift for today!

This morning I recounted all the things that bring me happiness.

I began a long journey thirty-two years ago, therein lies the source of some of my happiness. This drive through life has been fraught with many challenges, obstacles and some serious problems. There have been times when I thought (others encouraged this line of thought as well, although well meaning, not really the best advice) of getting out. I did consider that option for about .00000000001 second! Not an option. In fact when starting the journey, that was my mind set. There will be no divorce.

My wife and I have grown together, we have four children. I often let them know that I love them and my wife hears that all the time. I do the dishes to prove it :-), help around the house, talk to my kids and have gotten much better at talking to my better half.

I want to be around them for a long time. My religion is not evolution so I thank my creator for giving me the opportunity to face the challenges that prune us to become a better version of ourselves. I've not suffered much in my journey, not really, and in that I'm very fortunate. It is only the moments of succumbing to selfishness that problems have arose.

My gift today is having a family, that although imperfect, strives to stay together. Don't need what the advertising agencies say I do. Onward!

No comments: