Thursday, October 27, 2005


Reflections of Yosemite, Valley taken summer 2005 late June.

Well today was another early start. I woke up at around 4:00am. An hour earlier than planned so I put on my running shoes and proceeded to hit the treadmill. I read a book on weight lifting (HIT) while listening to Bethoven's Pastorale. That took about 40 minutes at a slow pace (about 2.5 miles per hour). Once the music peace was over I turned up a bit and ran for the last 20 minutes at 4-4.5 miles per hour. My hear rate average was 98 with a maximum of 166 for a few seconds. Overall the run was very good. I had a small protein drink after that and later on about 7:30 had an Otmeal breakfast with dried strawberries, bananas, Trader Joes Rax Mix, flax seed and 6oz of whole raw milk. Like James Brown sang once: Heyyyy.... I feel good!

On the down side I was at the hospital with my wife last night. Her uncle suffered a heart attack. He survived and will probably will go on to recover. It shure brought home the need to modify our life style and take care of ourselves. So much of this is preventable if we only take the time and care to be active and eat clean. Old age does not have to be like it is for most Americans. So the beat goes on!

No comments: