Monday, October 24, 2005



Well, I’m happy to report that I successfully completed the last workout of my four week program on Sunday October 23,2005. This week will be an active recovery week, no weights but lots of cardio. I have my schedule for where I should be three weeks before the LA Marathon and this time I’m ready for the rain if it’s anything like last year. I have bought some excellent music dvds and have plenty to keep me occupied on the treadmill if that is what I need to do to complete the training.

On the left is a one of the many dead lift repetitions I did this past Sunday. The workout went like this: I first attempted a 270lbs dead lift and after two failed attempts I went to 240 cause I knew I could do that. So I did one set at 240 for ten reps. Then two 10lbs off and did 230lbs for 12 reps (1s,12), next down to 220 for one set of 14 reps (1s,14). I then lowered the weight yet again and did 200lbs for a asset of 16 reps (1s,16r). The last was the toughest one, it was less weight than I started with but I was shaking so it was 180lbs for 1 set of 20 reps (1s,20r) I did stepups after that 25lbs for 15 reps each leg. Rested for a bit then went on to do squats.

Squats session went like this: 270lbs (1s,5r), 250lbs (1s,8r), 240lbs (1s,10r), 220lbs (1s,14r). I was done after that and will be recovering for the next three days J.

2 comments:

Otto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Otto said...

134