Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday 6:00AM

Sunrise is definitely at a later time by now. It was dark at 6:00AM this morning. The sun has risen by now and I'm sitting on my park bench in my front yard at this moment. There is a cool breeze coming or going South West as I perceive it. There is nothing spectacular about this Sunrise, but it really depends on how you look at it. It's another glorious day.

I can hear the birds chirping, slowly the sounds of the city begin to take over. The light gets stronger and my energy levels rise as well. Now a few dogs are barking in the distance. Crows are moving about and our local wild parrots are approaching. Coming in the same direction of the wind. The music they make is now at its peak as they fly over me. It's hundreds it seems. My neighbors have a fig tree and they usually come to feast on it. Some fly in pairs other in larger groups. As they call out to each other the morning is in full swing.

While for many one more day is another day of suffering, mixed feelings overwhelm me. I count my blessings. I have beautiful friends, a wonderful family and much to live for.

My dogs are now barking as the Yellow Pages are delivered by a group of workers. I greet him and smile. The Sun is now more apparent behind the neighborhood trees. The parrots are mostly gone and I can hear their faint calls in the distance. The normal chirping of regular birds returns and everything is a little quieter for a few seconds.

It is another day in Whittier, Ca. The various hues of green are more apparent now. As the strong light from the Sun goes over the crest of the trees in the distance I see the humming bird activity rising as well.

Well I'm about to get hit with 10,000 light luxe. It's good to be alive. The difference of where I sit and other parts of the world is amazing. Time and unforeseen occurrences befall us all.

No comments: