Tuesday, September 02, 2008

The weekend -- Labor Day

I had another chance to barbecue this weekend. There was some dancing as on my last episode but I was tired.

The day begun with real world dead lifts. I had agreed to re-arrange our pond's design and that involved moving all the pebbles and rock arrangements.

I had forgotten how heavy some of these rocks were. It's one thing to pick up a barbell with let's say 200lbs. There is the bar and the weight is balanced. A rock weighting 150lbs is much more of a challenge because there are no handles. I picked up alright, then I realized.. now what? That was just one rock. I needed to move various rocks around the yard over the deck and into the waterfall area of the pond.

A real world dead lift workout. The whole affair took three to four hours. Moving it here, move it there under the watchful eye of my gorgeous wife.

Once done came time for the grill. I setup my laptop as before, my speakers and tuned into Pandora.com for uninterrupted music listening. It was great but I was still a bit tired and dancing was not as energetic.

All in all it was an excellent weekend. My workout today will not involve lifting of anything!

That was my feeling until I went to the gym. I talked myself into doing front squats and as soon as that was done I did four twenty second sprints with full rest in between. So much for taking it easy.

No comments: