Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Sobering thoughts!

As I've chronicled here, my running and weight workouts plus my new eating habits have worked wonders for me. So far I've been involved in three LA Marathons (1 bike ride and two walk/runs). I would say my training and changed lifestyle have been positive and permanent (four years). I am eating healthier everyday, I ate healthy today and will eat healthy tomorrow.

As I've stated before, there are bigger things in the universe going on than our little (sometimes big) battles with weight, bad hair days, how we feel etc. But it is the local and immediate things that grab our attention foremost. Take for example this past week. I developed a tooth ache. Funny huh? Well I knew that I had to visit the dentist any way so the throbbing pain made it possible to go see the dentist once and for all.

The bad news: I'm having surgery on my mouth. My problems are much worse than a few crooked teeth and one ailing molar. I had an inkling about this before the marathon but I thought I postpone the whole thing till after. Well here it is. And just as I expected, the insurance will not cover everything. So the pain has made me focus on my teeth and nothing else matter right now. Oh and now I I have to grind those almonds, cause I can't eat them whole for a while. My wonderful wife has for years been telling me to slow down when I eat. Well, she wins. I can’t eat slow enough now, it is excruciatingly evident every time I chew my food.

Yes I know, not the end of the world, but not necessarily how I envisioned loosing some of my body fat. So this silly grin you see here is gone for a while.

Below is what awaits me.


Till next time!

No comments: