Friday, April 28, 2006

Stress Relief


Went to the dentist yesterday. More bad news. Dental occlusion. Well I have occlusal problems, the way I bite and my teeth fit together is not quite right. I guess I'm not perfect after all :-) Of course this has caused some serious problems in my jaw bone. Is not just that though, all the junk food I ate prior to changing my eating habits has done me in. I'm not a big burger and fries eater but I understand how white bread and such can form this nasty plaque on your teeth (another reason no to eat refined sugars, flour, white rice, etc.), which will eventually make you loose your teeth.

I wish I would have paid attention when I was younger, much younger. So after talking to the dentist, which was a very nice experience by the way (well as nice as it can get when you're being told you have a serious problem). He is very straightforward and reassuring. His staff is also really nice. I think I'll stay. I'm getting a teeth guard to soften the clenching of jaw and hammering on my teeth during the night and perhaps unconsciously during the day.

Now I need to think about getting surgery and getting on with my life, better eating habits, etc. A new beginning.

I was a little depressed most of the day and could not work out during mid day as I usually do, the amount of money I have to dish out is doable but it's going to hurt as well. In any case, I regained my composure and worked out in the evening. I had leg work to do so here it is.

I had Squats and dead lifts scheduled so this is what I did. First things first, I put to cotton balls in my mouth with soaked in natural mouth wash. This would be my jaw clenching buffer during the workout. I started by doing squat warm-ups first using the 45lb bar by itself for 1 set of 15 reps. Next I added a 10lb plate on each side and did another 15 reps with that weight. Following that I added a 45lb plate on each side and did 15 reps of that. Warm-up completed.

Here comes the real deal. I added another 45lb plate on each side of the bar. That makes it 240lbs including the bar. I proceeded to do 3 sets of 8 repetitions each. Ok on the last set I only did 7 reps (hey I was tired). Next came the dead lifts. That was 3 sets of 10 at 150lbs total. That's it. Felt much better after that. Had a soft dinner. This is the way I have to eat for a good while. I'm grinding my almonds, juicing my apples, chopping my meats, etc. Have to keep a good attitude about all of this though. There is someone else in worse condition than we are at all times (sorry to say).

I'm doing some last minute checking before moving on with surgery (finances, alternatives?). In any case here goes my saying: 'God gives me endurance, when I run long, I experience his patience'.

No comments: