Sunday, February 10, 2008

Running Mad

This morning it seems we got up on the wrong side of the bed. I was not in good, mood, my boys had a slight disagreement (read heated argument) and I did something to upset my wife.

We decided to go for a short run anyway. For the first 3/4 mile, we were all quiet, mumbling here and there. Thinking and re-thinking our issues. After a while of manuvering on the dirt trail we ran our first leg. I snuck up on one of my boys and sprinted past for a few seconds. The run was really on.

We begun laughing and running some more, very soon we forgot what the whole affair was about and why we were upset. We picked up the pace, smiled at a few of the folks around the trail and we were now focused on our pace. We did only four miles today but the 'Mad' part soon dissapeared. We were back home before we knew it.

After all was said and done, we had a wonderful blueberry smoothie. I'm glad we ran mad today.

No comments: