Saturday, February 23, 2008

What could have been...

This was the weekend that would tell all. The grand finale. The last long run.....It's a sure thing. We're not doing the LA Marathon and neither are we doing the Catalina Marathon. What started out as a nettlesome problem, has turned into a full fledge obstacle. Injuries have taken their toll and I think is best we just let it go.

My left foot has not really healed from that basketball injury from a few months ago. Now one of my boys is having serious knee problems. We must now concentrate on resolving these issues. Maybe in a few months we can resume the quest, but there is always next year. I've enjoyed this training season more than any other. We really have learned a lot. I'm actully glad that what has befallen us did not actually occur on the day of the Marathon. Nothing like something popping the day of the race and having a memorable but miserable time.

My boys and I are much closer now. Whatever the future holds for us, we still have each other, and the laughs and stories will go on for a long time. We're going to do a run walk on Sunday (2/24/2008), kind of a farewell training run.

I think we hear the fat lady singing.

Onward!

No comments: