Thursday, November 10, 2005




It's Thursday evening. On Tuesday, one of my uncles passed away. He was 86 years old. I was the one that had to tell my dad that his brother was now gone. It was very tough to do this and I probably should have approached the matter differently, but I could not think of doing it any other way than just telling him straight out. I stayed with my dad for a few hours and reminisced about our times together with him. We looked at some old photos and talked about the funny moments that marked our lives. He was upset as one can be when given such news but later calmed down. I do have pleasant memories of my uncle and hopefully my dad will eventually come to accept this loss. My younger brother died in 2000 of a brain tumor and all these memories came forth also. So we must go on. Life is short enjoying in a healthy way is of paramount importance as it makes up for many shortcomings. The day is coming when those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and rise again. To better days ahead!.

No comments: