Wednesday, November 30, 2005


I've not written in a while. Last week a 12 year old boy died while using a weight training machine. It sure dampened the entire week. It was the grandson of a former employee at the company where I'm employed and many folks were upset by it. Time and unforeseen events catch us all. It prompted me and others to give a lecture to our kids on never being to confident when using barbells and such. I lift heavy weights and use a pro rack that has safety bars to prevent weights falling on the person if muscle failure occurs. The thing is that you have to set them up otherwise they are useless. So I always set them up for the type of work out I will be doing. Youngsters need all the supervision that we can give them. Their curious minds and instincts are to be encouraged and commended but they must also be alerted of the dangers. My condolences to the family. Inononce is to be protected even as you see it in this kittens eyes.

No comments: