Friday, November 04, 2005



Well the weekend is here. Let's see this was a good Friday. I was supposed to be off work today but I forgot that I had signed up for some training so off I went. The day started out well, I got up early and finish Thursday's workout. I did squats and romanian dead lifts. I varied the way I did the squats by slowing down the up and down phase. I slowed it to 6 or 7 seconds down and up and held the full squat for 2 to 3 seconds at the bottom. I could not do as many as I usually do even with lighter weights. My legs were burning for quite a while. It seems like a lot of work but being in a little better shape allows me to hike to places like the one photographed here. This is Punchbowl falls in Oregon. It's only a 2.5 mile hike off the main highway but well worth the run. When I went there this past summer I got up early in the morning and raced walk to this spot. I was the only one there for one glorious hour (well it was just me and the birds and whatever else roamed the area at that time). I look forward to going here again with my friends. I will have a good night sleep tonight.

No comments: