Tuesday, March 14, 2006


This week I’m taking it easy. I have felt kind of gloomy, all the training and the excitement about the marathon has come to this final week. I have trained alone but I have not been lonely. Many friends around my area would either wave if they saw me doing my long walks or tell me later that they had seen me running. Everyone has been encouraging and I actually see what I have been visualizing for good while now. I say to myself every day “I’m lean, strong, healthy and happy!” In the last year I have been able to gain some lean body mass. I was weighing 255lbs at the beginning of 2005. I’m now at 227lbs. This is a change from 284lbs four years ago to my present weight. It’s been a slow process and it will continue because I feel so much better.

So why do I feel gloomy? It is the realization that not everyone is on the same page. My sons are for sure. They have taken nutrition, exercise, mind and spirit care seriously. I hope this lasts a throughout their lifetime. For those who still see it as just another crazy hobby I’ve picked up, I pray for patience and may they experience what I have experienced in the last four years at some point.

26.2 miles. Hmmm! The Badwater challenge is 133 miles. Just thinking…..

No comments: