Friday, July 25, 2008

The morning show


It's about 4:45 and I'm awake, I beat the alarm again! I usually go for a run this early and catch the sunrise. This morning I'm taking a break. I've made my breakfast and I'm sitting in from of my house under my Mulberry tree along with all the other critters enjoying the sunrise. No coffee necessary.

Since hardly anyone is up at this time, I've chosen my front yard to do kettlebell workouts on alternate days before anyone notices. I could do them in the back yard but then I would have to deal my dogs wanting some attention and I probably end up waking someone up. Ah here comes the Sun!

Ever since I started applying the suggestions in the powerful sleep system I recently acquired I generally have more energy and have no trouble sleeping.

Among them are:

  • Going to bed at the same time everyday no matter what (90% compliant).
  • As soon as you get up go outside, get some light (this is what I'm doing right now).
  • Take a nap sometime later in the day. This one is difficult because the office environment does not cater to this type of behavior.
  • Not in the book but I've given myself permission to just get up.
More....

No comments: