Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sunday's trek

After this morning's 'trail' run I had the pleasant surprise to find myself locked out of the house. Apparently someone borrowed the house key and I did not notice it this morning when I went out on my little hike poling expedition.

It was a good thing! I was able to enjoy the run the clouded 'sunrise' and not worry about how I would get back in without waking everyone up. When it was time to get back in the house is when I realized the key was missing. It's still early enough to postulate that I may have dropped the key on the trail but that would be strange. The rest of the keys are intact, unless the house key slipped out of the key ring by itself. Keys are insensate so I don't think that's the case.

I was a little upset and started thinking, who took the key out of my key chain? :-( I took a deep breath and realized that no matter who, the important thing was what was I going to do? I am standing at the front door, completely soaked and in need of a shower because of the mephitic odors emanating from my wet clothing.

I decided to sit in front of the house (I have a nice park bench in front of our Mulberry tree) and read via audio books on my Ipod. After a while I decided to call in with my cell cuz I had to really go now (if you know what I mean)!

I was going to call my wife but the resulting tsuris from waking her up I surmised would not be worth it. So I called one of my twin boys who obliged and opened the door for me (they run often with me so I figured understanding of my predicament would be forthcoming). I was inside the house, finally! What should have taken an hour turned into two hours. Fortunately I had a super shake prior and during the run so I was able to cook my oatmeal calmly (after the shower) without waking anyone else up.

The oatmeal, ahh. What I joy.

Steel cut oats.
Green tea.
Half a banana.
Handful of almonds.
Psyllium Husks.
Vanilla Whey.
Cinnamon.

I feel good!

No comments: